Duration - 5 weeks UK batch 2 starts on 8th March 2021
Class size: 6
- Paper Helicopters - Make a paper helicopter, learn about the forces of gravity and lift, and how a helicopter works.
- Balloon Car - Build a car that is powered by air and learn Newton's law of motion.
- DNA extraction - perform an experiment to understand the extraction of DNA and learn more about DNA.
- Make a bulb light up, a fan rotate, and learn about electricity.
- Complete circuits and learn about conductivity.
- Art Bot : Build a mini Robot that doodles as it moves.
Additional topics (covered if time permits or additional classes)
- Mini greenhouse - growing plants in a bag. Build a basic greenhouse with things that you find at home and learn about the germination of seeds and green house effect.
- Spitting bottle - an experiment to understand air pressure and gravity.
- Build a catapult - Make a catapult to understand forces and energies.
- Magnetic levitation - an experiment to understand the forces acting on an iron nail and learn the basics of magnetism.
Supply list: A £10/ $10 electronics kits from Amazon and a few basic stationery items. A detailed list will be shared upon registration.
Instructors Profiles: Kadija, is an Information Technology Engineer and certified STEM Educator in Teaching Primary Science. She has been teaching Science & Technology through hands on activities for the past 3 years. The course is STEM accredited. Amina, an electronics engineer turned educator, has been working in the field of STEM education for the past three years. She is a certified STEM activity designer and STEM curriculum planner.
- Paper Helicopters 00:00:00