Phonics Phase 2
Phase 2 phonics sounds taught in a fun, engaging way.
8 STUDENTS ENROLLEDTAKE THIS COURSE
- Ideally your child should know the sounds that each letter makes (eg m says mmm; ie the sound at the start of ‘man’) and say the word if you ‘slow-speak’ it (eg they should say ‘dog’ if you say the individual sounds ‘d-o-g’). However, we will do lots of practice too, so don’t worry if they are only just beginning to be able to do this.
- They should be able to read I, no, go, to, into, the
- They should be able to hold a pencil and form the letters correctly.
- They should be beginning to recognise capital letters.
- We will start and finish each session with a song.
- Each week we will practise all the sounds and words learnt so far.
- We will learn to recognise the capital letters alongside the lower-case letters.
- We will learn about vowels and consonants.
- We will talk about letters having names as well as sounds.
- I will provide resources that the children may need in class.
- I will provide resources, ideas, and website links for practice at home what we have learnt in class.
|Phase 2 sounds|