- Ideally your child should know the sounds that each letter makes (eg m says mmm; ie the sound at the start of ‘man’) and say the word if you ‘slow-speak’ it (eg they should say ‘dog’ if you say the individual sounds ‘d-o-g’). However, we will do lots of practice too, so don’t worry if they are only just beginning to be able to do this.
- They should be able to read I, no, go, to, into, the
- They should be able to hold a pencil and form the letters correctly.
- They should be beginning to recognise capital letters.
- We will start and finish each session with a song.
- Each week we will practise all the sounds and words learnt so far.
- We will learn to recognise the capital letters alongside the lower-case letters.
- We will learn about vowels and consonants.
- We will talk about letters having names as well as sounds.
- I will provide resources that the children may need in class.
- I will provide resources, ideas, and website links for practice at home what we have learnt in class.
Time table: 📷
Cradley Heath, UK
My name is Helena, and I live in the UK. I am a primary school teacher with over 25 years experience working with children aged 3-11. I have worked with schools and nurseries as an Early Years expert to raise standards in education for children aged 0-5 years. Alongside this, I am a private tutor, and I also work online as a TEFL teacher (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). This means I know lots about child development and how children learn best. I have loads of patience, enthusiasm and positivity which I look forward to sharing with your child. I make sure my lessons are carefully structured so your child can get the most out of each session, but I also make sure each lesson is fun and engaging - I want your child to feel great about themselves and what they can achieve. Learning is exciting! I have a BA Hons in English Literature (2.1) from Southampton University, and a PGCE (teaching qualification) from Leicester University. I also have an MA in Creative Writing (distinction) from Birmingham City University, and have recently completed a 160 hour TEFL qualification. I look forward to seeing your child in class soon!
- ch 00:00:00
- sh 00:00:00
- th 00:00:00
- ng 00:00:00
- ee 00:00:00
- ai 00:00:00
- oa 00:00:00
- igh 00:00:00
- oo/oo long and short 00:00:00
- ar 00:00:00
- Revision 1 00:00:00
- or 00:00:00
- ur 00:00:00
- ow Unlimited
- oi Unlimited
- ear Unlimited
- air Unlimited
- ure Unlimited
- Revision 2 Unlimited